1 tbsp Oil or Ghee
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 Cup Millets
1 Onion chopped
1 Carrot diced
1/4 cup Peas
1 tbsp – Ginger-Garlic Paste
Salt to taste
2 Cups Water
Chopped Coriander Leaves for garnishing
1. Wash and soak millets for 20 mins. Drain, keep aside.
2. Heat oil or ghee in a medium sized pan or pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds, allow to splutter.
3. Add onion, ginger garlic paste and saute until golden brown.
4. Add carrot, peas and any other vegetables you would like, fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add millets, fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add water, red chilli powder, salt, and either simmer on medium heat or pressure cook for 1 whistle.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve with pickle or yogurt.
3 Sweet Potatoes
4 tbsp Maple Syrup
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Cinnamon
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Peel and trim Sweet Potatoes into 1.5-inch chunks.
2. Marinate sweet potatoes with maple syrip, oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400F.
4. Arrange sweet potatoes on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Turn to the other side and bake again for 20 minutes.
6. Serve hot with your favorite dip.
1/2 cup canned navy beans, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp chopped chives
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tsp olive oil
Handful of chopped cilantro
1. Wash, rinse, and drain the beans.
2. Chop the chives into small pieces
3. Mix beans, chives, oil, and lemon juice in a bowl. Mash the ingredients with a fork until it becomes a smooth paste.
4. Garnish with cilantro
5. Serve with raw vegetables, such as cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, and grape tomatoes.
1 cup Corn kernels
2 Bell peppers
2 small Onions
1/2 cup Tomato puree
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/3 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chili powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Kasuri methi
1 tbsp Fresh cream
1/3 cup Water
Salt to taste
1. Boil the corn kernels and keep aside.
2. Chop onions and capsicum.
3. In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and let them pop.
4. Add onions and cook for about 1 min or until they become translucent.
5. Add ginger and garlic paste and cook for 2-4 minutes.
6. Now add tomato puree and cook for 2-4 minutes.
7. Add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt to taste, cook till spices are well absorbed.
8. Add diced bell pepper and water, cook for 3-5 min.
9. Add boiled corn kernels.
10.Add garam masala, kasuri methi, fresh cream and cook for about 2 min.
11.Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
1 Celery Stalk
1 Large Carrot
1 Small bunch of Kale
1 Green Apple, cored
A little piece of ginger, peeled
A small bowl of spinach leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Wash all the fruits and Vegetables.
2. Peel the carrot and apple if necessary.
3. If using a juicer, put all ingredients one by one through the juicer.
4. If using a blender, put spinach leaves, kale, apple, carrot, celery – in that order. Add a little water, blend on high until desired consistency is reached. Put more water if necessary.
5. Mix lemon juice to the prepared juice.
6. Serve fresh.