Ingredients For Kofta
Paneer,grated – 1 Cup
Potatoes – 4 Bread crumbs – 3 tbsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Chat masala – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – As needed
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Oil – For deep frying
Ingredients For Gravy
Tomato puree – 1 cup, from 3-4 tomatoes
Oil/Ghee – 1 tblsp
Jeera/Cumin seed – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 small piece
Cardamom – 1
Clove – 1
Ginger chopped – 2 tsp
Garam masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 & 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt – As needed
Coriander leaves,chopped – 2 tbsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
Cream – 1/2 cup
1. Pressure cook potato for 3 whistle with little water. Drain, cool, peel and mash it.
2. Boil water and immerse paneer cubes in it until its soft. Drain, cool and crumble it.
3. I did it in my mixer by running it once. You can do with your hands as well. If using block paneer, thaw it and grate it in a fine grater. Mix all the ingredients needed for kofta in the ingredients table.
4. Form it to a dough. Make small equal sized balls out of it.
5. Arrange everything in a plate and heat oil meanwhile. Deep fry in oil in medium flame in batches.
6. Cook until golden in colour. Turn occasionally in between to ensure even browning and cooking. Drain in a paper towel.
7. For gravy, I ground 3 large tomatoes to get 1 cup puree. Depending on the size of the tomatoes adjust the number of tomatoes using.
8. Heat a pan with oil and temper with the whole garam masala followed by jeera. Add chopped ginger and just give it a fry. Add the pureed tomato.
9. Add the garam masala powder, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt and coriander powder. Mix and cook covered in medium flame with a lid as it will splutter a lot.
10.Mix in between to avoid burning. Once water evaporates, you can continue cooking without lid. Add more oil if need and fry.Once oil oozes out and masala becomes thick, add milk little by little and mix in low flame.
11.Do not add all at once, keep stirring and add little by little. Lastly add cream also same way littleby little. Never let the gravy boil on high flame at any point as it would lead to curdling.
12.Lastly add coriander leaves and koftas. Do not mix. Let it be as such.