¾ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
¾ cup sea shells pasta (Conchiglie)
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
¾ cup chopped sweet onion
1 cup cup finely chopped parsley
⅓ cup cup Virgin cold pressed olive oil
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
⅓ cup cup lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
½ tsp teaspoon fine sea salt
1 avocado cut into smaller pieces
⅓ cup cup of Kalamata pitted olives (chopped)
½ cup cup Feta cheese (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce to simmer. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes.
2. Cook pasta according to instructions and let cool down.
3. In a large serving bowl, combine the chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, olives and parsley. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, black pepper and salt. (and Feta cheese if used) Whisk until blended, then set aside.
5. Add quinoa and pasta to the serving bowl, drizzle the Dijon dressing over and toss until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Add black pepper and salt as needed to taste.
6. Arrange avocado pieces on top and serve.