1. Wash moong dal thoroughly and soak it for 3-4 hours.
2. Rinse the soaked dal under running water and blend it with half cup water in a blender.
3. Add asafeotida, Chili powder, Garam Masala, salt and blend a bit more, adding half more cup of water to form a smooth batter.
4. Batter shouldn’t be too runny, and its consistency should be like the batter for dosas.
5. Heat the flat pan or griddle on medium heat. Smear with oil.
6. Pour around two tbsp batter in the middle of the pan, spread it in circular shape.
7. Let it cook for 1.5-2 minutes, put some oil around the sides, and flip the chilla.
8. Cook both sides until desired crispiness is achieved. It usually takes 3-4 minutes for one chilla.
9. Serve hot with coriander chutney or mint chutney on the side.