1 onion – finely chopped
2 cups fresh green chickpeas
½ cup paneer, cubed
2 tbsp – chana masala powder
1 tbsp -Amchur powder
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp turmeric
3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 inch piece of ginger
Salt and chilli powder to taste
1. Grind toasted sesame seeds in a blender.
2. Add 1/2 cup green chickpeas, tomatoes and ginger.
3. Mix a little water and grind to a smooth paste
1. In a saucepan, heat about a teaspoon of oil. Add and saute onions to golden. Add the chickpeas-sesame sauce.
2. Stir in green garbanzo, chana masala powder, amchur powder, sugar, salt, chilli powder and turmeric.
3. Stir in about a cup of water.
4. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat, stirring in-between.
5. When the sauce starts to thicken, add the paneer cubes.
6. Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes on low heat so that paneer could absorb the sauce.
7. Serve warm with roti or rice.