1 cup cubed pumpkin and/or other vegetables
1/2 cup Brown lentils
1/2 bay leaf
1/2 inch piece of cinnamon
1/2 inch piece of ginger
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cilantro or parsley (for garnish)
Oil of choice
1. Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan. Add chopped onion, ginger, cinnamon and bay leaf. Fry till onions are translucent.
2. Add lentils and 2 cups of water. Boil covered for 15 minutes.
3. Add vegetables, salt, and pepper. Boil for another 10 minutes.
4. Simmer the soup for another 15 minutes, covered.
5. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
6. Serve hot with croutons or garlic bread.