1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup mixed nuts
1/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine raspberries and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside it.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Combine sour cream, butter or margarine, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg, and add to flour mixture.
5. Stir just until moist. Spoon 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread raspberry mixture evenly over the batter. Spoon remaining batter over raspberry mixture. Top with almonds.
6. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
7. Combine confectioners sugar, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir well. Drizzle glaze over cake.