1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp oil or butter
500 g mushrooms, chopped
750 ml vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Chop onion and garlic into fine pieces.
2. Heat oil/butter and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
3. Add the mushrooms and fry for 5-7 minutes, stirring gently.
4. Pour the stock over the fried mushrooms and season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 10-15 mins until the mushrooms are very tender.
5. Remove from stove and let it cool.
6. Blend the soup until smooth.
7. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro or parsley, if desired.
8. Serve hot.