This is an exceptionally creamy and light tasting no-bake cheesecake with a beautiful hint of lemon. It has less than half the fat and calories of normal cheesecake. You have the option of using gluten-free wafer or chocolate chip cookies to suit your preference.
1 1/2 to 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (depending on desired thickness of crust)
5 Tbs melted butter or coconut oil
1 envelope(s) unflavored gelatin
3 Tbs water
1/4 cup water
2 packages (8 ounces each) light cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup low fat milk
pomegranate seeds or raspberries for garnish
1. Lightly coat 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper; spray paper. Mix cookie crumbs and butter. Transfer to prepared pan; press onto bottom with hand in even layer. Refrigerate.
2. In small bowl, evenly sprinkle gelatin over 3 Tbs water. Let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, grate 2 teaspoons of lemon peel and set aside. Squeeze juice from the lemon into a small saucepan, heat juice and 1/4 cup water to boiling on medium-high. Remove from heat. Immediately add gelatin mixture; stir until dissolved. Return to the small bowl and let cool.
3. In large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and sugar for 5 minutes or until fluffy and smooth. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add yogurt and milk, mix well. Then add gelatin mixture, in steady stream. Beat for up to 2 minutes or until well combined, scraping bowl occasionally.
4. Pour onto cooled crust. Refrigerate uncovered for about 6 hours or until set.
Run knife around side of pan and unmold. Remove cheesescake from the pan bottom by gently lifting it with a spatula and sliding onto a serving plate with the parchment paper liner intact.
5. Serve with your choice of garnish.