1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes, drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion over medium heat.
3. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Butter a baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.