1 cup Red Lentils
3 cups vegetable broth (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
Mint leaves and lemon for garnishing
1. Chop vegetables into small pieces. Saute onions and carrots for 5-6 minutes.
2. Add potatoes, red lentils, pepper, and salt and saute for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes till tomatoes are tender.
4. Add vegetable broth or water, bring to a boil or pressure cook for 2 whistles.
5. Puree the mixture in a blender. Garnish with lemon juice and mint leaves.
6. Serve hot with garlic bread or by itself.