1 tbsp Oil or Ghee
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 Cup Samo Rice
1 Onion chopped
1 Carrot diced
1/4 cup Peas
1 tbsp – Ginger-Garlic Paste
Salt to taste
2 Cups Water
Chopped Coriander Leaves for garnishing
1. Wash and soak Samo Rice for 20 mins. Drain, keep aside.
2. Heat oil or ghee in a medium sized pan or pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds, allow to splutter.
3. Add onion, ginger garlic paste and saute until golden brown.
4. Add carrot, peas and any other vegetables you would like, fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add Samo Rice, fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add water, red chilli powder, salt, and either simmer on medium heat or pressure cook for 1 whistle.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve with pickle or yogurt.