4-5 Karelas (Bitter gourds)
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Red chili powder
2 tsp olive or sunflower oil
2 onions, sliced
1 tsp Dry mango powder
Salt to taste
1. Lightly scrape the skin of the bitter gourds. Keep the scrapings aside.
2. Slit on one side and remove the seeds.
3. Cut bitter gourds into thin slices.
4. Wash and rub salt all over the bitter gourds and the scrapings.
5. Set aside for 3-4 hours.
6. Wash completely again and squeeze dry the karelas.
7. Deep fry the bitter gourds till brown and crisp.
8. Take off the bitter gourds and keep aside.
9. Heat up 2 tbsp oil and stir fry the onions till light brown
10.Mix in scrapings of bitter gourd and let it stir fry till onions are golden brown.
11.Mix in turmeric powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and red chili powder.
12.Mix in the fried bitter gourds to the above mixture and stir fry covered on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
13.Serve hot with roti or naan.