1 cup quinoa
6 large firm tomatoes
1 cup water
1/2 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
3 green onions, thinly sliced
sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a small baking dish.
4. Gently take the pulp out of the tomatoes, leaving a 1/2 inch wall. Finely chop pulp and keep it separate.
5. Toss the chopped apple with the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, parsley, mint, tomatoes, and green onions. Fold in the quinoa, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add to the tomato pulp.
6. Fill the cut tomatoes with this mixture, and fill the baking dish with about 1/4 inch of water.
7. Bake in preheated oven until the peppers are tender, and the quinoa is hot(about 20 minutes).