1 cup quinoa
2 red bell peppers
1 cup water
1/2 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped tomatoes
sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a small baking dish.
4. Halve the red peppers lengthwise. leave the stem intact so the pepper bowls hold their shape.
5. Toss the chopped apple with the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, parsley, mint, tomatoes, and green onions. Fold in the quinoa, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Fill the cut peppers with this mixture, and fill the baking dish with about 1/4 inch of water.
7. Bake in preheated oven until the peppers are tender, and the quinoa is hot(about 20 minutes).