2 cups Rolled oats
1 cup Spelt or other flour of choice
1 tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 tsp Baking soda
¼ cup Hemp hearts
2 Large free range eggs
¼ cup Maple syrup
1 cup Mashed bananas (two medium bananas)
2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Buttermilk
¼ cup Coconut oil melted
1 cup Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F and prepare muffin pan (with liners or spray)
2. Combine dry ingredients, including hemp hearts, in medium bowl
3. Combine wet ingredients in large mixing bowl
4. Add dry ingredients into bowl with wet ingredients. Stir with spatula until combined. Do not overmix
5. Gently fold in blueberries
6. Scoop into muffin tins
7. Bake for 30 minutes
8. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
Variation: Replace mashed bananas and blueberries, with applesauce and raisins (but only 1/2 cup raisins)
Credits – globalvegetarian.ca
Besan or jowar or any other flour for binding
2 raw potatoes, grated
1 cup chopped spinach
Salt to taste
i/2 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp sesame seeds
Red chilli powder (to taste, optional)
Chopped green chillies (to taste, optional)
Powdered roasted peanuts
1. Grate potato and add chopped spinach (can use any other leafy veggie too).
2. Add salt, turmeric, sesame seeds, red chilli powder/chopped green chillies and powdered roasted peanuts.
2. Add a little jowar flour (or besan) to get a dough like consistency. No need to add water.
3. Make into flat thick paranthas and roast both sides until golden on a tawa.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 cups baby arugula leaves
1 cup canned garbanzo beans
1/2 cup red bell peppers
4-5 pitted olives
1. Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
2. Drain and wash garbanzo beans, allow to dry.
3. Cut bell peppers into strips. Roast on medium heat for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
4. Cut olives into halves.
5. Add the dressing to arugula, garbanzo beans, olives, and bell peppers. Mix well.
4 garlic cloves
1 large carrot
1 cup broccoli florets
4 baby potatoes
1 cup butternut squash
1 yellow squash
A few green beans
A few portobello mushrooms
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup apple juice
1 tbsp honey or sugar
1. Cut the vegetables into long wedges and sprinkle salt and pepper on them.
2. Mix all the sauce ingredients well.
3. Sprinkle sauce over vegetables so that it coats evenly.
4. Roast on medium heat for 30-35 minutes till vegetables are cooked and crisp.
5. Serve with a side or rice or quinoa.
1/2 cup soaked or canned chickeas, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp chopped chives
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tsp olive oil
Handful of chopped cilantro
1. Wash, rinse, and drain the chickpeas.
2. Chop the chives into small pieces
3. Mix beans, chives, oil, and lemon juice in a bowl. Mash the ingredients with a fork until it becomes a smooth paste.
4. Garnish with cilantro
5. Serve with raw vegetables, such as cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, and grape tomatoes.