10-12 baby eggplants
Ghee or oil of choice
Pinch of asafoetida
1.5” cinnamon stick
4 green cardamom
3 medium tomatoes
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp dried ginger powder
1 tsp fennel powder
1 tsp tamarind paste or 1 tsp dry mango powder
1 cup water
Salt to taste
1 tbsp chopped coriander and thin strips of fresh ginger for garnish
1. Fry chopped onions in oil of choice until light brown. Blend onions in a food processor to make a thick paste, adding a little water, if needed.
2. Slit eggplants lengthwise, without removing the stem, and fry them in a pan for 3-4 minutes. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add asafoetida, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom. Add tomatoes and fry on medium heat till soft.
4. Add the onion paste and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add coriander, chilli, turmeric, fennel, and ginger powders and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add water, bring to a boil and add the tamarind paste or dry mango powder.
6. Simmer on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
7. Add eggplants and continue to simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and ginger and serve hot with rice or roti.
1 cup Red Lentils
3 cups vegetable broth (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
Mint leaves and lemon for garnishing
1. Chop vegetables into small pieces. Saute onions and carrots for 5-6 minutes.
2. Add potatoes, red lentils, pepper, and salt and saute for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes till tomatoes are tender.
4. Add vegetable broth or water, bring to a boil or pressure cook for 2 whistles.
5. Puree the mixture in a blender. Garnish with lemon juice and mint leaves.
6. Serve hot with garlic bread or by itself.
12 oz Paneer, cut into cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
5 oz sharp Cheddar, grated
4 6-inch corn tortillas
1 1⁄2cups canned enchilada sauce
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Place paneer on a baking sheet.
3. Dab paneer with oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
4. Roast until cooked, approximately 7 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
5. Toss the paneer with half of the grated Cheddar.
6. Fill the paneer mixture in the tortillas and place seam-side down in an 8-inch square baking dish.
7. Top with the enchilada sauce and the remaining half of the Cheddar cheese.
8. Bake until heated, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
1 cup Corn kernels
2 Bell peppers
2 small Onions
1/2 cup Tomato puree
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/3 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chili powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Kasuri methi
1 tbsp Fresh cream
1/3 cup Water
Salt to taste
1. Boil the corn kernels and keep aside.
2. Chop onions and capsicum.
3. In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and let them pop.
4. Add onions and cook for about 1 min or until they become translucent.
5. Add ginger and garlic paste and cook for 2-4 minutes.
6. Now add tomato puree and cook for 2-4 minutes.
7. Add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt to taste, cook till spices are well absorbed.
8. Add diced bell pepper and water, cook for 3-5 min.
9. Add boiled corn kernels.
10.Add garam masala, kasuri methi, fresh cream and cook for about 2 min.
11.Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine raspberries and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside it.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Combine sour cream, butter or margarine, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg, and add to flour mixture.
5. Stir just until moist. Spoon 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread raspberry mixture evenly over the batter. Spoon remaining batter over raspberry mixture. Top with almonds.
6. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
7. Combine confectioners sugar, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir well. Drizzle glaze over cake.